Dean's Office Hours
The Dean's office is open, effective March 1, 2021. Some support and executive staff will continue working remotely, and can be reached by phone or email. Please CHECK THIS WEBPAGE for the appropriate contact and email them. We will be back in touch as soon as possible.
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences is committed to ensuring that all students can fulfill their academic requirements as planned and to supporting students, faculty and staff.
As we welcome students, faculty and staff to campus, we continue to monitor COVID-19, with the health of our campus community as the highest priority for UNC Charlotte and for the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences. We are committed to ensuring that all students can fulfill their academic requirements as planned and to supporting students, faculty and staff in this process. We continue to update this information as the situation evolves.
- If you need assistance from a Dean's Office staff member and they are not in the office physically, please CHECK THIS WEBPAGE for the appropriate contact and email them. We will be back in touch as soon as possible.
- Information about the College Office of Advising & Student Services is available. LEARN MORE.
- Information about CLAS computer labs is available. LEARN MORE.
- Information about labs across campus is available. LEARN MORE.
- Information on the Writing Resources Center, including its virtual tutoring sessions, is available. LEARN MORE.
- Specific academic department and program information can be found on their websites. Access their sites through this listing: LEARN MORE.
- Tips for working remotely: LEARN MORE.
- Tips for establishing a Google Chat: LEARN MORE.
- The Center for Teaching and Learning Keep Teaching website has many resources for faculty: LEARN MORE.
- The University provides regular updates through the Niner Nation Cares website. LEARN MORE.
With questions related to COVID-19, check the Niner Nation Cares website and if you don't find an answer, submit your question using this form. If you do not find the information you need here or through University resources, please email email@example.com
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences is a community focused on learning, teaching, research, and engagement. We are guided by an unshakeable commitment to humanistic values and ethical conduct, by a creative and entrepreneurial frame of mind, and by an awareness of the global context in which the university exists.
As the largest college at UNC Charlotte, the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences houses:
- 21 departments in the humanities, social and behavioral sciences, physical sciences and mathematics, and military sciences
- 28 applied research centers and interdisciplinary programs
- 10 doctoral degrees
- 24 master's degrees
- 19 graduate certificates
- 23 graduate early-entry programs
- 90 undergraduate degree options
- 55+ undergraduate minors
- 20+ honors programs
The Power Of Diversity
Our disciplines are as diverse as our students. Our many departments, applied research centers, and interdisciplinary programs unite behind the shared goal of educating critical and imaginative thinkers through inquiry and engagement. We encourage students to dream big, to challenge themselves, to take risks, to be successful. We cultivate leadership, self-confidence, persistence and responsiveness in a world increasingly characterized by diversity and change. Undergraduate and graduate students of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences are expected to leave behind the confines of their comfort zones, to embrace unfamiliar concepts and to think critically and creatively.
We are committed to developing an inclusive environment where diversity, in all its forms, is valued and incorporated in the full range of college activities. The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences is uniquely situated to contribute to a diverse university community, as diversity is the foundation on which we are built. Our academic departments and degree programs, by their very nature, support and promote a rigorous examination and understanding of the multicultural world in which we live today.
Our award-winning faculty are intellectual leaders who engage in research that advances knowledge in their fields and improves our world. They are passionate about their teaching and about encouraging a spirit of exploration and learning. Our faculty and students work within our local, national, and global communities to find creative and innovative solutions to contemporary issues.
The college promotes high ethical standards in all aspects and is built upon a foundation of diversity and inclusion. Our academic departments and degree programs, by their very nature, support and promote a rigorous examination and understanding of the multicultural world in which we live today. Diversity, in all its forms, is valued and incorporated in the full-range of college activities.
Our students stretch their innate talents as they explore new concepts and gain a solid grounding in liberal arts and sciences and in emerging fields of study. By the time our students graduate, they are prepared for leadership and service and equipped with the tools for success, wherever they choose to live and work.